1) What is .my?
.MY is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Malaysia.
2) Who can register for a .my domain name and what are the special registration requirements/restrictions for .my domain name?
Special requirements/restrictions for a .my domain name are as below:
- WebNIC currently offer Second-Level .my, .com.my, .net.my, .org.my, and .name.my;
- There are two type of application for Second-Level .my which are Organization type and Individual type;
- For Second-Level .my (Organization Type), .com.my, .net.my and .org.my, registrant must be a company locally incorporated in Malaysia. WebNIC can provide partners the local contact service in Malaysia for .com.my, net.my and .org.my. Local contact service is chargeable, the fee is USD10 per domain per year;
- .name.my and Second-Level .my (Individual Type), registration is open to any individual aged 18 and above, holding a Malaysian National Registration Identity Card [NRIC] or show proof of residing in Malaysia, holding a valid passport.
- For registrant company which are registered under SSM (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia) and Legal Professions Act 1965, registrant do not have to provide for supporting document;
- You may validate the Registrant company information via http://www.ssm-einfo.my/index.php?id=login or http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/find_a_law_firm.html
- For other type of registrants, supporting document are required to register a .MY domain name;
- Whole registration process must be complete within 14 days from the date of submission to the registry;
Please refer to Domain Name for the common registration requirements.
3) What is the length for .my domain name?
Minimum of 1 / maximum of 40 characters allowed.
4) What is the term of registration?
With effective from 1st February 2010, 9AM (GMT+0800), the term of registration is 1-5 years.
5) How do I perform a .my domain registration?
Partners may register the domain name through Quick Start Registration function. Partner may refer to “Domain Registration” FAQ for more information.
6) Can I delete a domain after registered?
Yes, partners are allowed to delete a .my domain name after registered, however, registration fee is not refundable.
7) What is the term of renewal?
The term of renewal is 1- 5 years.
8) What is the renewal grace period for .my domain name and how do I perform a domain renewal?
Renewal grace period for .my domain name is 30 days, partners may renew the domain name through Quick Start Registration function. Partner may refer to “Domain Renewal” FAQ for more information.
9) Any Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .my domain name?
Yes, Redemption Grace Period for .my domain name is a period of 14 days. Partner may refer to “Domain Restoration” FAQ for more information.
10) How long does it takes for a domain to release to public registration after expired and not renew?
After a .my domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:-
30 renewal grace period -- > 14 days Redemption grace period
If partners did not renew and restore the domain name, it will be release for public re-registration approximately 44 days from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
11) Can I initiate a registrar transfer for .my domain name and how do I initiate the transfer?
Yes, partner may transfer the .my domain name to WebNIC, however, it is not a registrar transfer, and it is an Invoicing Party Transferred. Invoicing party change only can be performed by the domain admin contact via https://web.domainregistry.my/Mynic-ViewController-context-root/faces/PB/UserLogin.jsp Registry has sent the login information to the domain admin upon the domain registered successfully.
Partners are advise to notify us at email@example.com for the change of Invoicing Party in order the domain can be moved into particular reseller account.
12) Can I initiate a reseller transfer for .my domain name and how do I initiate the transfer?
Yes, partners are allowed to initiate reseller transfer for .my domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion. Partner may refer to “Reseller Transfer” FAQ for more information.
13) How do I manage my .my domain name for example, name protection, retrieve authorization information and etc.?
Partners may manage domain name through User Management function. Partner may refer to “Domain Management” FAQ for more information.
14) I have performed the Whois update and the DNS update via the User Management function, however, why the information is not reflect?
For .my domain name, Whois update and DNS update need to perform via registry’s panel at https://web.domainregistry.my/Mynic-ViewController-context-root/faces/PB/UserLogin.jsp in order for the information to take effect in registry.
Note that only the technical contact able to perform the DNS update, registry has sent the login information for domain admin contact has upon the domain registered successfully.
15) Can I change registrant name for .my domain name?
Yes, partners are allow to change registrant name for .my domain name, please note that change of registrant information is chargeable and the remaining registration year(s) will be lost after completion.
16) Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for .my?
No, WebNIC does not provide IDN.my domain name at this moment.