What domain extension is this?
.AU is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Australia.
What are the requirements & restrictions for this domain extension?
Special requirements/restrictions for a .au domain name are as below:
- .au domain registration is manual process and requires at least 3 days to complete and system will notify you on the registration status via email.
- Local presence is required for the registrant contact; domain name must exact match or abbreviation or acronym of the Entity, Trading Name or individual; or close and substantial connection between the domain name and the operations of the Entity or registrant name.
- .com.au – For commercial purposes. Includes commercial entities, currently registered and trading in Australia, as well as commercial products and services, foreign company licensed to trade in Australia, owner of trade mark, association or Australia commercial statutory body.
- .net.au – For commercial purposes. Includes commercial entities, currently registered and trading in Australia, as well as commercial products and services, Australian partnership or sole trader, foreign company licensed to trade in Australia, owner of trade mark, association or Australia commercial statutory body.
- .org.au – For non-commercial organisations. Includes associations incorporated in any Australian State or Territory, political parties, trade unions, sporting or special interest clubs, charities or non-profit organizations operating in Australia.
- Registry validate strictly on the phone and fax input, please ensure that you enter the registrant/admin/technical/billing contact’s Phone and Fax number in format: +(CountrycodeAreacode).(Phone nuimber) Eg. +123.12345678
What kind of domain extension does WebNIC offer?
WebNIC currently only offer 3LD.AU (.com.au, .net.au and .org.au)
What document is required for this domain extension?
What is the length limitation for this domain extension?
Minimum 2 / Maximum 63 characters.
What is the terms of registration?
Can I delete a domain after registered?
Partners are not allowed to delete the .au domain name after registered.
What is the terms of renewal?
1 to 5 years.
How does the Domain Life Cycle work for this domain extension?
After a .au domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:
Renewal Grace Period
Redemption Grace Period
If partners did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be release for public re-registration approximately 30 days from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain registrar under this domain extension?
Partners are allowed to initiate registrar transfer for .au domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 to 5 years after completion.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain reseller under this domain extension?
Partners are allowed to initiate reseller transfer for .au domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
Please refer to Reseller Transfer for more detail information
Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for this domain extension?
No, WebNIC does not provide IDN.au domain name at this moment.