What domain extension is this?
.BR is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Brazil.
What are the requirements & restrictions for this domain extension?
Special requirement/restrictions for a .BR domain name are as follow:
- Registrant and billing contact must be an organization or individual located in Brazil, with a valid local postal address, and a 2-letter state code;
- Organizational registrant is require to provide its registration number (CNPJ);
- Individual registrant is require to provide a valid local identity number (CPF);
- Configured name servers with SOA, NS and A-record are required;
- The name servers must be listed in the domain name’s zone file before the domain being submit for registration;
- .ORG.BR can only register by non-profit organization.
The registration for .BR domain name is process manually and requires at least 3-5 working days. WebNIC do provide proxy service for .COM.BR and .NET.BR.
What kind of domain extension does WebNIC offer?
WebNIC currently offer .COM.BR, .NET.BR and .ORG.BR
What document is required for this domain extension?
What is the length limitation for this domain extension?
Minimum 3 / Maximum 26 characters.
What is the terms of registration?
1 to 10 years.
According to the registry’s rules, a .BR domain will be deleted and dropped into Redemption Grace Period 5 days prior to the expiry date on the WHOIS record. Therefore, partners are advised to refer the domain expiration date from the partner central.
Can I delete a domain after registered?
A .BR domain is not allowed to be deleted once registered.
What is the terms of renewal?
1 – 10 years.
How does the Domain Life Cycle work for this domain extension?
After a .BR domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:
Redemption Grace Period
If partners did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be released for public re-registration and the release date is fully subjected to registry. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-serve basis.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain registrar under this domain extension?
Due to registrar transfer function for .BR has yet launch. We will notify partners once this function is ready.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain reseller under this domain extension?
Partners are allowed to initiate reseller transfer for .BR domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
Please refer to Reseller Transfer for more detail information
Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for this domain extension?
Yes, WebNIC provide IDN.BR domain name.
Reseller can refer to reseller panel register domain to find out what language is providing.