What domain extension is this?
.DE is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Germany (Deutschland).
What are the requirements & restrictions for this domain extension?
- Domain admin must have local presence within Germany;
- Organization or individual’s admin contact with local presence (postal address of your place of residence, no PO BOX) in Germany may apply for .de domain name. WebNIC can provide partners the local contact service in Germany. Please note that domain name that using our local contact service is chargeable, the fee is USD10 per domain per year;
- Name Server Requirement:
- The SOA-Entries must be within the following parameters: (in seconds)
- Refresh [10000…86400]
- Expire [604800…3600000]
- Registry will checks on the following aspects:
- Are the identified nameservers accessible;
- Are they authoritative;
- Are the SOA-Entries correct;
- Are the SOA-Entries identical with the other nameservers
What kind of domain extension does WebNIC offer?
WebNIC currently only offer .DE
What document is required for this domain extension?
What is the length limitation for this domain extension?
Minimum 1 / Maximum 63 characters.
What is the terms of registration?
According to the registry’s rules, a .DE domain will be deleted 5 days prior to the expiry date on the WHOIS record. Therefore, partners are advised to refer the domain expiration date from the partner central.
Can I delete a domain after registered?
Yes. Partners are allowed to delete a .de domain name after registered, however, registration fee is not refundable.
What is the terms of renewal?
How does the Domain Life Cycle work for this domain extension?
After a .de domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:-
Redemption Grace Period
If partners did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be release for public re-registration after domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain registrar under this domain extension?
No. Due to registrar transfer function for .de has yet launch. We will notify partners once this function is ready.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain reseller under this domain extension?
Yes. Partners are allowed to initiate reseller transfer for .de domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
Please refer to Reseller Transfer for more detail information
Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for this domain extension?
No, WebNIC does not provide IDN.de domain name at this moment.