1) What is .cm?
.CM is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Cameroon.
2) Who can register for a .cm domain name and what are the special registration requirements/restrictions for .cm domain name?
There are no restrictions on who can register .cmdomain, anyone from any country can register for a .cmdomain name. Domain name in purely numeric is allowed.
Please refer to Domain Name for the common registration requirements.
3) Do I have to own the .com.cm or .co.cm or .net.cm domain name in order to register for a .cm domain name?
No, partners may register for a .cm domain name even he do not own the .com.cm or .co.cm or .net.cm domain name.
4) What is the length for .cm domain name?
Minimum of 2 / maximum of 63 characters allowed.
5) What is the term of registration?
The term of registration during Sunrise and Landrush is 2 - 5 years while general registration is 1-5 years.
6) How do I perform a .cm domain registration?
Partners may register the domain name through QuickStart Wizard function. Partner may refer to “Domain Registration” FAQ for more information.
7) Can I delete a domain after registered?
Yes, you are allowed to delete a domain name after registered; however, registration fee is not refundable.
8) What is the term of renewal?
The term of renewal is 1-5 years.
9) What is the renewal grace period for .cm domain name and how do I perform a domain renewal?
There is 1 day renewal grace period for .cm domain name, partner may refer to “Domain Renewal” FAQ for more information.
10) Any Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .cm domain name?
No, there is no RGP for .cm domain name. Partner may refer to “Domain Restoration” FAQ for more information.
11) How long does it takes for a domain to release to public registration after expired and not renew?
After a .cm domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:-
1 day renewal grace period -- > No Redemption grace period --> No pending delete
If partners did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be released for public re-registration approximately anytime from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
12) Can I initiate a registrar transfer for .cm domain name and how do I initiate the transfer?
Yes, partners are allowed to initiate registrar transfer for .cm domain name. Please note that domain will NOT extend for 1 year after completion. Partner may refer to "Registrar Transfer" FAQ for more information.
13) Can I initiate a reseller transfer for .cm domain name and how do I initiate the transfer?
Yes, partners are allowed to initiate reseller transfer for .cm domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion. Partner may refer to “Reseller Transfer” FAQ for more information.
14) How do I manage my .cm domain name for example, name protection, retrieve authorization information and etc.?
Partners may manage domain name through User Management function. Partner may refer to “Domain Management” FAQ for more information.
15)Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for .cm?
No, WebNIC does not provide IDN.cm domain name at this moment.
.CM Sunrise Registration FAQs
1) What is Sunrise Registration Period?
Sunrise refers to the periods of time where the .cm only offers to trademark holders to register.
2) When is the Landrush Period for .cm?
Start Date/End Date
15 June, 2009 17:00 (GMT+0800) to 15 July, 2009 07:59 (GMT+0800)
Sunrise for trademark holders
15 July 2009, 08:00 (GMT+0800) to 30 July 2009, 17:00 (GMT+0800)
1 August, 2009 onwards
3) Who is eligible to register .cm domain name during Sunrise period?
Only trademark or service mark holders allow registering for a .cm domain name during Sunrise period.
4) What are the registration requirements for a .cm Sunrise application?
Registration requirements for a .cm Sunrise application as below:
- Applicant must be holders/licensees of registered trademarks/service mark registered by a national or international trademark authority, granting rights over the trademark for at least one whole country such as Australian registered trademark, Benelux or Community trademark.
- Figurative trademark is accepted if the trademark exclusively contains a word, the word element of the trademark is predominant, all alphanumeric characters included in the word are contained in the domain name and the general impression of the domain name is apparent and correspondences with the word contained in the trademark.
- Domain name applied must directly correspond with the trademark or identical to all text elements contained in the corresponding trademark with the following exceptions:
- Special characters (such as %, §, @, &, !) may be eliminated or transcribed or replaced with a hyphen
- Spaces between words may be removed or replaced with a hyphen
- Latin letters with additional non-latin elements such as á,ů, may be reproduced without such elements or replaced by standard spelling of such letter such as a and u
- Sunrise applicants required to warrant that they have the applicable rights to the domain name applied. Applicant must correspond to the holder or licensee of the trademark on which the sunrise application is based.
- Applicants must meet requirements for providing evidence of trademark claims, please refer to Sunrise Policy at http://register.cm/files/Netcom_Sunrise_Policy.pdf for more information.
5) Is there any supporting document required under Sunrise period?Supporting document is required for a .cm Sunrise application, applicant are advise to well prepare the documents for application verification and directly send to the .cm Registry or validation agent at TmValidation@register.cm after the sunrise application submission.
- Electronic copy of the trademark registration certificate corresponding to the name applied
- Applicant is a licensee, a copy of the licensing agreement with the holder of the trademark and the name and residence address/corporate seat of the licensor are required
- All sunrise applications must be in English, a copy of the trademark registration certificate and/or the license agreement may be in their original language, with English translation provided
6) Is there any verification fee for a Sunrise application? Is the verification fee refundable?
Verification fee is required for a Sunrise application and note that the verification fee is non-refundable.
7) Is the verification fee refundable in the event where the Sunrise application verification failed?
No, the verification fee is non-refundable even in the event where the Sunrise application verification failed.
8) Who will perform the sunrise verification and how long will the validation process take?
The Sunrise application will be conducted by .cm Registry and the validation agent appointed. The total time required or specific time required for a particular application is highly dependent on a number of factors, not all of which are known of at this stage, but that include:
- The total number of applications received.
- The accuracy of the date submitted to the Registry.
- Whether or not documentary evidence is required and whether it meets the requirements.
- The number of requests for reconsideration.
If the number of application is high, the validation process could last several months.
9) Does the first-come, first-served basis apply on the Sunrise Registration of .cm domain name?
The earliest or the only valid Sunrise application will be provisionally registered to that applicant upon validation of the documentation submitted. If there is more than one valid sunrise application for the same domain name, names will be awarded to the registrant with the oldest registered trademark.
10) When the .cm Sunrise domain allocation result will be announced?
The .cm Sunrise domain allocation result will be announced upon the validation process has been completed.
.CM Landrush Registration FAQs
1)What is Landrush Registration Period?
Landrush refers to the initial period of public availability of the new .cm country code top-level domain (ccTLD). Any interested registrants can submit their .cm Landrush application.
2) What is the rollout schedule for .cm?
Landrush Period for .cm will be opened on 15 July 2009, 08:00 (GMT+0800) and closed on 30 July 2009, 17:00 (GMT+0800). Please refer to the Q2 under .cm Sunrise Registration FAQs for the .cm rollout schedule.
3) Who is eligible to register .cm domain name during Landrush period?
There are no restrictions on who can register .cm domain during Landrush period, anyone from any country can register for a .cm domain name during Landrush period.
4) Is there any trademark requirement and supporting document required under Landrush period?
No trademark requirement and supporting document is needed for domain application under Landrush period.
5) Does the first-come, first-served basis apply on the Landrush Registration of .cm domain name?
If there are more than one application for one domain, the domain will go into the auction process.
6) When the auction process start?
The first Landrush auction will be scheduled to begin at August 28, 2009 and each auction will last for 3 days.
7) How is the auction process conducting?
The Landrush auction will conduct by .cm registry's authorized party, NameJet.com. Notification email will be sent from email account firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that this email has been whitelisted.
At the start of each auction, registrant will receive an email with the start and end dates and time. In additional, registrant will receive an email with a Daily Auction Summary and registrant will be notified if outbid.
The minimum starting bid is USD59, if registrant enter the proxy bid, and NameJet will automatically bid on behalf UP TO the maximum bid enter. Registrant may login to the auction account at any time to increase the proxy bid.
- When logged into NameJet account, registrant can view all active auctions on the "My Auctions" tab.
- By clicking on the ".CM Pre-orders link", registrant will see a list of all pre-orders and their current status.
- Once domains have been awarded, the "Manage My Domains" section will indicate which registrar will be contacting you regarding next steps to managing each domain.
Keep a close eye on closing auctions with NameJet "Last Minute Board". This page is updated once every 1 minute so registrant can monitor the status of auctions that are closing in the next 24 hours.
8) How am I checking the Landrush application status via the NameJet.com auction account?
If there is a single application, the registrant will be awarded with the domain during the last part of the week ending August 28, 2009. Once the name has been awarded, NameJet will send registrant a $0.00 order confirmation and additional instruction.
Multiple Landrush application auctions will be scheduled over a few weeks.
The registrant may view the application status via the NameJet Auction account under the .CM Pre-Orders page.
9) If my domain go into auction process, who should I pay for the auction fee?
To facilitate the auction process, .cm registry's authorized party, NameJet.com will corresponding with the registrant directly. NameJet.com will collecting the auction fee from the domain registrant, domain registrar will only responsible on the registration fee.
10) How is the auction payment process?
When the auction closes and you are the winner, NameJet will attempt to charge your account within an hour. While payment is expected at the close of the auction, NameJet do offer a 7-day grace period. Email reminders will be sent daily with a list of any auctions that remain in the pending payment status.
- Payment is by credit card or wire transfer only. NameJet do not accept PayPal.
- Auctions over $5000 require a bank wire transfer.
- If you intend to send a bank wire transfer for payment, NameJet suggest you start this process immediately upon the close of your auction. Some banks can take a few days to process, and NameJet post to your account Monday through Friday only.
- Bank Wire instructions can be found via the "Support Center" under your NameJet auction account.. When logged into your account, go to Help / Support Center / Answers. Article #1054 is the first one listed.
11) When the .cm Landrush domain allocation result will be announced?
The .cm Landrush domain allocation result will be announced after end of the Landrush period.
12) Which channel I can go through in order to obtain more information on the auction process?
You may refer to NameJet FAQ and you may submit a ticket via the "Support Center" under your NameJet auction account.