What domain extension is this?
.EU is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the European Union and is only available to those businesses and individuals located in the EU.
What are the requirements & restrictions for this domain extension?
- In order to register a .eu domain name, registrants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Undertakings having their registered office, central administration or principal place of business within the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
- Organizations established within the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, without prejudice to the application of national law;
- Natural person’s resident within the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
- Address and country must be within the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
What kind of domain extension does WebNIC offer?
WebNIC currently only offer .EU
What document is required for this domain extension?
What is the length limitation for this domain extension?
Minimum 2 / Maximum 63 characters.
What is the terms of registration?
1 to 10 years.
Can I delete a domain after registered?
Yes. Partners are allowed to delete a .eu domain name after registered, however, there is No refund.
What is the terms of renewal?
1 to 10 years.
How does the Domain Life Cycle work for this domain extension?
After a .eu domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:-
Redemption Grace Period
If partners did not renew or restore the domain name, it will be release for public re-registration approximately 68 days from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain registrar under this domain extension?
No. Due to registrar transfer function for .eu has yet launch. We will notify partners once this function is ready.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain reseller under this domain extension?
Yes. Partners are allowed to initiate reseller transfer for .eu domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
Please refer to Reseller Transfer for more detail information
Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for this domain extension?
No, WebNIC does not provide IDN.eu domain name at this moment.