What domain extension is this?
.MY is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Malaysia.
What are the requirements & restrictions for this domain extension?
Special requirement or restriction for a .my domain name are as below:
- WebNIC currently offer Second-Level .my, .com.my, .net.my, .org.my, and .name.my
- There are two type of application for Second-Level .my which are Organization type and Individual type;
- For Second-Level .my (Organization Type), .com.my, .net.my and .org.my, registrant must be a company locally incorporated in Malaysia. WebNIC can provide partners the local contact service in Malaysia for .com.my, net.my and .org.my. Local contact service is chargeable, the fee is USD10 per domain per year;
- .name.my and Second-Level .my (Individual Type), registration is open to any individual aged 18 and above, holding a Malaysian National Registration Identity Card [NRIC] or show proof of residing in Malaysia, holding a valid passport.
- For registrant company which are registered under SSM (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia) and Legal Professions Act 1965, registrant do not have to provide for supporting document;
- You may validate the Registrant company information via SSM or Malaysianbar
- For other type of registrants, supporting document are required to register a .MY domain name;
- Whole registration process must be complete within 14 days from the date of submission to the registry;
What kind of domain extension does WebNIC offer?
WebNIC currently offer Second-Level .my, .com.my, .net.my, .org.my, and .name.my
What document is required for this domain extension?
Yes. Refer to mynic for more detail information.
What is the length limitation for this domain extension?
Minimum of 4/ Maximum of 40 characters is allowed
What is the terms of registration?
1 to 5 years
Can I delete a domain after registered?
Partners are allowed to delete a .my domain name after registered, however, registration fee is not refundable.
What is the terms of renewal?
1 to 5 years
How does the Domain Life Cycle work for this domain extension?
After a .my domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:
Renewal Grace Period
Redemption Grace Period
If partners did not renew and restore the domain name, it will be release for public re-registration approximately 44 days from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
Can I transfer the domain registrar under this domain extension?
Partner may transfer the .MY domain name to WebNIC, however, it is not a registrar transfer, and it is an Invoicing Party Transferred. Invoicing party change only can be performed by the domain admin contact Registry has sent the login information to the domain admin upon the domain registered successfully.
Partners are advise to notify us at [email protected] for the change of Invoicing Party in order the domain can be moved into particular reseller account.
Can I transfer the domain reseller under this domain extension?
Partners are allowed to initiate reseller transfer for .my domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
Please refer to Reseller Transfer for more detail information
Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for this domain extension?
No, WebNIC does not provide IDN.my domain name at this moment.